Pain in flesh area betwen fingers

easyclassicalplayer

Pain in flesh area betwen fingers

Message par easyclassicalplayer » mer. 03 octobre 2007, 00:01

Hello, has anyone ever experienced pain while playing that is in the flesh area between the index finger and the thumb while producing a bar chord or just after playing some time with open chords?

Thank You,

Tony

eales

Re: Pain in flesh area betwen fingers

Message par eales » mer. 03 octobre 2007, 15:20

Oh definitely! It's caused by strain on the muscle that supports the index finger. You have to build up strength gradually in order to play barré chords. I get it if I'm out of practice

[and before you react in horror at the idea of that remember I'm a mother of four!]

be careful - I played a load of Klezmer music with a clarinettist friend - so flat keys and loads of barré - it was such fun I couldn't stop and afterwards I thought my hand had seized up for good! :shock:

You can have too much fun :cry:

easyclassicalplayer

Message par easyclassicalplayer » mer. 03 octobre 2007, 23:07

How funny... I noticed that sometimes it almost feels like my hands lock up and I have to force them to open. Weird, but true... Wow, 4 kids...how do you do it.. You should have enough practice waving the jand though :D

eales

Message par eales » jeu. 04 octobre 2007, 12:27

That shouldn't be happening, be careful. How long are your practice sessions?

easyclassicalplayer

Message par easyclassicalplayer » jeu. 04 octobre 2007, 17:10

Well, what happends is I do nto have a regular practce session and I think that is the reason for the problem, or if I have to perfoem, and I get nervous, that can do it. Maybe it is phycological...

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » jeu. 04 octobre 2007, 22:13

Perhaps a too simple answer… have you ever tried lighter gauge strings? I had such a problem for a while when I was using medium/heavy gauge strings. Normal strings don’t cause such pains to me.

easyclassicalplayer

Message par easyclassicalplayer » mar. 09 octobre 2007, 01:47

Are you saying change from extra hard or hard strings to a lighter guage? Any suggestions as to what will sound good for a lighter string?

Thank You,

Anthony

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » mar. 09 octobre 2007, 05:47

easyclassicalplayer a écrit :Are you saying change from extra hard or hard strings to a lighter guage? Any suggestions as to what will sound good for a lighter string?

Thank You,

Anthony
Precisely. In my case, changing from hard tension to normal had no significant effect on the sound but alleviated such pains in the fingers, and such.

easyclassicalplayer

Message par easyclassicalplayer » mar. 09 octobre 2007, 19:25

Fantastic, Bravo! Thank you for the information; I will have to try this. Do you have a recomedation as to what brand to try in this respect or what you have had good results with?

Thank you

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » mar. 09 octobre 2007, 23:05

That is another question. Personally, I use Savarez strings (normal gauge). Depends on your guitar make and personal preferences. In fact, for now, I would recommend that you use the lightest gauge available of your present day strings, until that problem dissapears.

Revenir à « English »