Hi from the UK

GeoffB
Modérateur

Hi from the UK

Message par GeoffB » dim. 16 décembre 2007, 15:04

Hello all!

My name is Geoff, and at 58 years old I'm a late starter on classical guitar, having discovered it only a few years ago, but I am really enjoying it and only wish I had started when I was much younger. I notice from the English forum that there are many others in the same position. I was initially tempted to explore the French forum by the chance of browsing the PDF section, as I love looking through new scores, with the excitement of never knowing what gems I may find, but I may venture into the other areas too, and even try out my very rusty French, when I'm feeling brave enough. I did study it in my youth, but haven't used it for well over 30 years, so it will be a struggle!

Best wishes to my fellow guitarists here! :bye:

Geoff

LanceFortune

Re: Hi from the UK

Message par LanceFortune » dim. 16 décembre 2007, 17:22

Welcome here, Geoff. And you are not the only late starter (or restarter, one might say) around!

GeoffB
Modérateur

Message par GeoffB » lun. 17 décembre 2007, 18:50

LanceFortune a écrit :Welcome here, Geoff. And you are not the only late starter (or restarter, one might say) around!
Thanks. I sometimes feel I'm in the majority whenever the subject of age comes up on the other forum. It seems that classical guitar, as with classical music generally, is often something you come to appreciate more with greater maturity (i.e. age!), and that those lucky individuals who discover it early are the exception. :?

Geoff

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » mar. 18 décembre 2007, 00:09

GeoffB a écrit :Thanks. I sometimes feel I'm in the majority whenever the subject of age comes up on the other forum. It seems that classical guitar, as with classical music generally, is often something you come to appreciate more with greater maturity (i.e. age!), and that those lucky individuals who discover it early are the exception. :?

Geoff
Dead on, Geoff. :bravo:

Revenir à « English »