Downloading

Count

Downloading

Message par Count » jeu. 07 février 2008, 22:04

Do you need to post two messages on each forum to be able to download from that forum or two messages on any forum?

fuyioioih

Re: Downloading

Message par fuyioioih » sam. 01 mars 2008, 06:57

It's two messages on each forum. Then twenty on each forum, then forty on each forum.
It's worth the effort.
If you have trouble reading the language use Google Translate. Cumbersome, but you get to read the posts.
My browser displays the Japanese forum almost exclusively in question marks (?????? ?? ????).
I copy the body of the post (as they appear in the browser) and paste them into the translation window in
Google Translate and choose "Japanese to English" and click on "Translate" and I get a translation into English.
Well, pidgin English. It is a program and not a person so not everything comes across, but it works.

Here's the link.

http://www.google.com/translate_t

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » sam. 01 mars 2008, 18:32

And you can always ask for the help of your English Mini-Forum moderator for translation :wink:

GeoffB
Modérateur

Message par GeoffB » dim. 02 mars 2008, 18:25

No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that you only need to belong to the 002 groups on the other language forums. The 020, 040 groups etc will not give you any extra, because the main pdf score libraries are the same on all forums, so you can get them more easily on the English forum. The mp3 files, video files and pdf files submitted by members are all group 002. Until now, therefore, you only needed to post 2 messages on each other language forum that you want to download from, though the new rule means you'll now also need to post at least one message on each for each month of your membership. (Not that I'm complaining! :) )

Please let me know if I've got this wrong though.

Geoff

sboswell

Message par sboswell » ven. 14 mars 2008, 15:54

I have found it somewhat confusing. I assume that if I respond in the English subform here in the French forum, that I am "in" the French forum and can then download from the French forum. I hope this is the case. I would hate to babelfish or google all the messages and my responses. It would probably be torture to a French speaker. Then again, learning French isn't a bad thing is it?! :D

I speak English and Spanish so I can see when people are using translators. It doesn't bother me but it does bother some others. So what, at least they are trying to communicate. This forces the forum into a small world and keeps people from staying on their own forums. Makes for better times on the forum. :discussion:

Steve

GeoffB
Modérateur

Message par GeoffB » ven. 14 mars 2008, 18:24

sboswell a écrit :I have found it somewhat confusing. I assume that if I respond in the English subform here in the French forum, that I am "in" the French forum and can then download from the French forum.
Yes, that is the case. It's worked for me on all the other forums.
I speak English and Spanish so I can see when people are using translators.
Yes, often you can see why the translator came up with the results that it did, though sometimes they can be strange or even hilarious. But, as you say, at least people are trying. And if you aren't able to join in with discussions, it's still possible to use a few smilies to express appreciation of any mp3s that you download. Funny how we are going full circle and getting back to picture writing! :)

Geoff

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » ven. 14 mars 2008, 21:36

You can also ask your Mini-Forum Moderator for help and directions ! :bye:

sboswell

Message par sboswell » dim. 16 mars 2008, 19:48

Here's a question for you, my signature is "La pratique ne rend pas parfait, parfait pratique rend parfait.", which is supposed to say, "Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect." I google translated this and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't signing off saying something incredibly stupid or just lain wrong.

Thanks,
Steve

fEZ

Message par fEZ » dim. 16 mars 2008, 20:04

sboswell a écrit :Here's a question for you, my signature is "La pratique ne rend pas parfait, parfait pratique rend parfait.", which is supposed to say, "Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect." I google translated this and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't signing off saying something incredibly stupid or just lain wrong.

Thanks,
Steve
Hi Steve
I think : "La pratique ne rend pas parfait, la pratique parfaite rend parfait" will be ok.

But I would say it this other way " Ce n'est pas la pratique qui rend parfait, mais une pratique parfaite" as in
"It is not practice that makes perfect, but a perfect practice"
:okok:

sboswell

Message par sboswell » ven. 21 mars 2008, 05:44

Thanks for correcting that! I appreciate it very much. Sorry for the long time to reply. I had three people die this last week. Two friends from church and one family member. I had to play at one of the funerals. Been a crazy week.

Steve

janus08

Message par janus08 » lun. 01 septembre 2008, 01:28

So that means I can download the mp3s after posting just 2 msgs on the french forum (miniforum)......That's pretty sweet.

Stéphan

Message par Stéphan » mar. 02 septembre 2008, 02:27

Welcome !

pasjk

Message par pasjk » lun. 16 mars 2009, 13:43

Thanks for the information.It does clarify the process.
There is so much of value on these forums.

Revenir à « English »