Greetings To All

cordoba7

Greetings To All

Message par cordoba7 » ven. 04 avril 2008, 18:26

Comment allez-vous? It's raining here in where I am, in Central Texas, but to me it is a great day. I've received my confirmation e-mail regarding joining the French forum! After getting on in my native tongue's respective forum (English) and downloading the Level 1 & 2 Delcamp collections, I knew I'd need the MP3's to make the most of this wonderful resource. So here I am! A French co-worker helped me out with some of the French in the Level 1 & 2 books (mainly the solfege and some of the words in the exercises (gammes=scales, valse=waltz, etc.), so you'll all have to forgive my bumbling attempts at your wonderful language. I'm a fluent Spanish speaker so it's not my first foreign (or Romance) language, but it is very different from anything I know, but I enjoy the sound very much and am planning a trip in a couple of years. Thanks to all for this forum, without it I would be at least not half as good and twice as bad, at guitar playing and general musicianship, respectively.

:okok: :merci: :okok:

GeoffB
Modérateur

Re: Greetings To All

Message par GeoffB » sam. 05 avril 2008, 00:37

Hi cordoba7,

It can be a bit quiet around here sometimes, so allow me as a fellow exile to be the first to welcome you here. We're a select but happy band!

Have fun :casque:

Geoff

cordoba7

Message par cordoba7 » sam. 05 avril 2008, 17:11

I'm all too ready to be a part of the happy band...not sure if I'm select enough, though...

GeoffB
Modérateur

Message par GeoffB » sam. 05 avril 2008, 17:18

cordoba7 a écrit :I'm all too ready to be a part of the happy band...not sure if I'm select enough, though...
Oh yes, you are select in that you are brave enough to venture into foreign parts! There are surprisingly few of us who make that leap :)

See you on the Japanese forum some time! :wink:

Geoff

AO

Message par AO » mer. 09 avril 2008, 17:11

Hey Geoff and Cordoba, Just doing my monthly trek through the mini forums so thought I'd stop by and say Hey, AO. :bye:

GeoffB
Modérateur

Message par GeoffB » mer. 09 avril 2008, 20:12

Hi, AO. Yes, I thought I saw you on the Portuguese forum just now :mrgreen: .

Geoff

Count

Message par Count » jeu. 10 avril 2008, 14:44

Welcome. I also found this forum a great resource. The dialog might pick up here now that we are required to post once a month.

deathbringer07

Message par deathbringer07 » dim. 20 avril 2008, 07:41

Even though this is the english miniforum, the forum controls are still in French so some of us forum users who doesn't know anything about the French language will pick up a French word or two.. Nouveau, anyone? :D

GeoffB
Modérateur

Message par GeoffB » dim. 20 avril 2008, 12:07

Hi, glad to see you made it here. :D Sounds like your forum preferences are still set to French. If you want the forum controls to be in English, click on the Panneau de Controle de l'Utilisateur (User Control Panel) at the top left, then choose the "Preferences du Forum" tab at the top, and "Éditer les réglages globaux" down the side, then scroll down to "Ma langue" and choose English, then click on the button marked "Envoyer". You'll see the effect next time you log in.

Geoff

AO

Message par AO » dim. 20 avril 2008, 15:57

That's great info Geoff, I had to go and change prefs on all the forums, makes it lots easier :pace:

AO.

deathbringer07

Message par deathbringer07 » mar. 22 avril 2008, 14:35

Thanks also for the info. Atleast it made it easier to browse the controls but still, the forum titles are in French. I guess that's where google's translator come in.

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » mar. 22 avril 2008, 15:48

deathbringer07 a écrit :I guess that's where google's translator come in.
… or you English Mini-Forum moderator, for specifics…

AO

Message par AO » mar. 29 avril 2008, 06:53

Hi Lance, I noticed your girls going to be one year old soon, I hope you share a birthday picture with all of us, cheers, AO. :bye:

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » mar. 29 avril 2008, 15:27

AO a écrit :Hi Lance, I noticed your girls going to be one year old soon, I hope you share a birthday picture with all of us, cheers, AO. :bye:
Indeed: my daughter just hit the 9 month’s mark, last weekend. You can find a recent picture, in full pajama attire, at the bottom of that page : viewtopic.php?f=52&t=14008&start=915

:wink:

AO

Message par AO » sam. 03 mai 2008, 07:29

LanceFortune a écrit :
AO a écrit :Hi Lance, I noticed your girls going to be one year old soon, I hope you share a birthday picture with all of us, cheers, AO. :bye:
Indeed: my daughter just hit the 9 month’s mark, last weekend. You can find a recent picture, in full pajama attire, at the bottom of that page : viewtopic.php?f=52&t=14008&start=915

:wink:
Hi Lance, unfortunately when I click on that link I get this message "You are not authorised to read this forum." :?

Oh well maybe the next one. AO.

Revenir à « English »