General Purpose Thread

LanceFortune

Re: General Purpose Thread

Message par LanceFortune » dim. 04 octobre 2009, 20:09

Check out this link that appears much more comprehensive about OM : http://www.fimic.fi/fimic/fimic.nsf/WCA ... _classical

This site is Finnish and English.

pasjk

Message par pasjk » jeu. 29 octobre 2009, 01:07

Peo is a delight to watch and listen to.

bukena

Message par bukena » mar. 03 novembre 2009, 18:21

LanceFortune a écrit :Check out this link that appears much more comprehensive about OM : http://www.fimic.fi/fimic/fimic.nsf/WCA ... _classical
Thanks... that was pretty interesting.

Anyway... here is my monthly post... Thanksgiving and the year is done. It flew by.

b.

John S

Message par John S » mar. 01 décembre 2009, 20:02

Tarbaby a écrit :Hi, John S!
I've been to France a few times myself and agree it's a beautiful country. Didn't care for Paris much, though. :wink:
Where do you live?
Alan
I live in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. I must say I really enjoyed Paris simply because there was so much to see and do. The weather was fantastic. If you're even remotely interested in the history or the art/culture that the city has to offer you can't go wrong. So many Museums. Truthfully I got fairly bored of the museums on my two week trip to France and Italy, but I started in Paris so it was still fresh.

I'd love to go back, but more likely if I ever get to travel internationally again I'd rather see other parts of the world.

bukena

Message par bukena » lun. 07 décembre 2009, 19:05

Well... here is my December post. This was a very rough year for me. I haven't had a regular job in 13 years... and have spent most of this one unemployed. Not fun at all.

Anyway... have fun guys.

Zorionak eta Urte Berri On

b.

bukena

Message par bukena » mer. 13 janvier 2010, 01:57

Alrighty... we made to 2010. Glad that 2009 is in the books. It was a very rough year.

I hope it's excellent for everyone.

b.

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » mer. 13 janvier 2010, 18:20

bukena a écrit :Alrighty... we made to 2010. Glad that 2009 is in the books. It was a very rough year.

b.
Bump. Rough one for me too. Let’s hope 10’s gonna be a better one.

Fanfan

Message par Fanfan » sam. 16 janvier 2010, 15:43

LanceFortune a écrit :
bukena a écrit :Alrighty... we made to 2010. Glad that 2009 is in the books. It was a very rough year.

b.
Bump. Rough one for me too. Let’s hope 10’s gonna be a better one.
Life is ruff ruff ruff, like my doggie sez to me wagging its tale.
This is my first foray into this English forum. Hope there aren't 2 many spelling mystakes! :D
Nous irons tous
Jouer du luth
Au grand couscous
De Belzébuth

Brigitte Fontaine

Tarbaby

Message par Tarbaby » lun. 18 janvier 2010, 13:08

Fanfan a écrit : Life is ruff ruff ruff, like my doggie sez to me wagging its tale.
This is my first foray into this English forum. Hope there aren't 2 many spelling mystakes! :D
You are most welcome here, dear Fanfan! Your English looks good. Feel free to practice here. We'll be glad to help. :D

Lesson 1: "Mistakes". Don't worry about them. :mrgreen:

It looks like you've been on the forum for quite awhile! Do you have any favorite MP3s, videos or members' scores to recommend? I'm pretty much lost on the forum. (I speak no French :oops: )

Alan

Fanfan

Message par Fanfan » jeu. 21 janvier 2010, 00:11

Hi, Tarbaby,

I've been around for a few years now, true, but it's hard for me to recommend MP3s because I only exceptionally listen to them. Being what you would term an elderly person, I'm set in my old habits, which, as far as consuming music is concerned, consist in buying and listening to CDs.

Still, I've posted a number of vintage recordings these last few months in that section of the forum titled "Trésors de nos discothèques" or something like that. But in order to appreciate the likes of Barrios or Llobet (there's some Pernambuco in the pipeline, you can log on some time next month), you must NOT be addicted to hifi, or you'll get a heart attack!
Nous irons tous
Jouer du luth
Au grand couscous
De Belzébuth

Brigitte Fontaine

drgoretex

Message par drgoretex » mer. 24 février 2010, 16:18

Looks like this thread has been quiet for a spell. Time to get 'er going again, while racking up my oblig. post. So....Happy ...um...Wednesday, everyone!

How's the weather where you are? Here it is snowy, cold, -25 C (should get warmer today), but bright blue sky. All in all, not bad for getting out cross-country skiing.

Cheers

Ken

bukena

Message par bukena » dim. 28 mars 2010, 20:52

Alrighty... for some weird reason I couldn't log in for a while and with GeoffB's help I got it fixed. Thanks to Geoff and the rest of the staff for all your help and kind consideration. Anyway... today it's a sunny albeit windy 88 degree day in paradise (Los Cabos). I hope everyone is having fun and plucking those strings.

Toddles!

b.

Tarbaby

Message par Tarbaby » mer. 31 mars 2010, 07:38

Fanfan a écrit :Hi, Tarbaby,

I've been around for a few years now, true, but it's hard for me to recommend MP3s because I only exceptionally listen to them. Being what you would term an elderly person, I'm set in my old habits, which, as far as consuming music is concerned, consist in buying and listening to CDs.
Hey man! I looked at your profile and you're only one year younger than I am! :mrgreen:

Ha ha! I like to listen to CDs, too. But I really enjoy hearing some of the amateur recordings from the Delcamp members. They are so sincere and not "over produced".

(I don't think I'll ever buy an iPod). :wink:
Fanfan a écrit :Still, I've posted a number of vintage recordings these last few months in that section of the forum titled "Trésors de nos discothèques" or something like that. But in order to appreciate the likes of Barrios or Llobet (there's some Pernambuco in the pipeline, you can log on some time next month), you must NOT be addicted to hifi, or you'll get a heart attack!
Thank you, Fanfan, I found them. You've posted quite a few! I love those old recordings. There is something magical about them that you just can't get with digital recordings.

I liked the Luise Walker recording of the Brahms Waltz very much. I bought some of her original compositions while I was living in Munich in the 70's. Her pieces were quite popular there, but I never knew anything else about her.

Get this: The first time I ever heard that Waltz was on a Chet Atkins record that my father had. I was a young child at the time, and was fascinated by that record! It also had "Adelita" on it. That was the first time I heard that piece, too!

Cheers!

Alan

Tarbaby

Message par Tarbaby » mer. 31 mars 2010, 07:42

bukena a écrit :Alrighty... for some weird reason I couldn't log in for a while and with GeoffB's help I got it fixed. Thanks to Geoff and the rest of the staff for all your help and kind consideration.

b.
Yes, I've been following your progress on this issue on the other mini-forums. Geoff is doing SUCH a wonderful job as Chief Moderator on the English forum! We all respect and love him very much. :D

Glad you're back,

Alan

bukena

Message par bukena » mer. 31 mars 2010, 21:22

Tarbaby a écrit :Glad you're back,

Alan
Thanks bro!... me too. Have a good one!

b.

Revenir à « English »