MP3 links, purpose of separating the links???

animna

MP3 links, purpose of separating the links???

Message par animna » ven. 24 octobre 2008, 07:13

To anyone who knows the purpose,

Hi, i'm from the english forum....i was downloading the scores for level 1to 4...and there were no problems downloading the pdf file....however when i was about to download the mp3 (backing tracks) for the pdf (levels 1to 4). I found out that i can only sownload it from the french forum, which is why I'm here.....I have no problems in posting message....but why separate when it is possible to put them in the same forum????? is there any technical purpose for it?????

Thanks in advance,,,,

animna for the philippines

wchyme

Re: MP3 links, purpose of separating the links???

Message par wchyme » ven. 24 octobre 2008, 07:43

Well imagine you're from the French side and you find all level mp3s on the English forum :roll: Mr Delcamp wanted to evenly distribute level MP3s across all the forums and also implicitly balance contributions...
But I'm glad that this brings you to the French side, you can have fun here as well :wink:

animna

Message par animna » ven. 24 octobre 2008, 11:56

wchyme a écrit :Well imagine you're from the French side and you find all level mp3s on the English forum :roll: Mr Delcamp wanted to evenly distribute level MP3s across all the forums and also implicitly balance contributions...
But I'm glad that this brings you to the French side, you can have fun here as well :wink:

Thanks wchyme,

But would it be better if he put the same links to each forum ...i.e. post those links not just in the french forum but as well as in the english and spanish forums... :wink: ..those links should be accessible to each langauge forums.... i believe it answers your theory of "balance"........... :discussion: ....

anyway, thank you and besides ....everthing happens for a reason....maybe i was destined to learn french... :okok:

i hope i can access to the level 1-4 mp3's.... :casque:

=)

animna

GeoffB
Modérateur

Message par GeoffB » ven. 24 octobre 2008, 15:52

Hi animna,

Wchyme is right, and Mr. Delcamp does have an ideal to encourage interaction between guitarists worldwide, as well as to share out the task of producing mp3 interpretations of the Delcamp scores. Another consideration is that there are 6 different language forums, each on a separate and self-contained database. If you duplicated all the mp3 and video files on all 6 of them, it would need much more storage space. (In fact one of the forum rules is that an identical mp3 should not be posted in two places because of the waste of server space). Of course, by visiting here, you get not only the level 1 and 4 mp3s, but also extra scores and mp3s submitted by individual French members which are not part of the Delcamp score collection. There is a lot to explore! :)

Geoff

wchyme

Message par wchyme » ven. 24 octobre 2008, 17:18

animna a écrit :
wchyme a écrit :Well imagine you're from the French side and you find all level mp3s on the English forum :roll: Mr Delcamp wanted to evenly distribute level MP3s across all the forums and also implicitly balance contributions...

Thanks wchyme,

But would it be better if he put the same links to each forum ...i.e. post those links not just in the french forum but as well as in the english and spanish forums... :wink: ..those links should be accessible to each langauge forums.... i believe it answers your theory of "balance"........... :discussion: ....

anyway, thank you and besides ....everthing happens for a reason....maybe i was destined to learn french... :okok:

i hope i can access to the level 1-4 mp3's.... :casque:

=)

animna
There's a good idea here... actually, I will propose Mr Delcamp to replicate content or shadow content across forums. Knowing the configuration of the forum (phpbb), it's possible to replicate, the caveat being that the overall site will use more storage (database) space.

animna

Message par animna » jeu. 30 octobre 2008, 07:10

GeoffB a écrit :Hi animna,

Wchyme is right, and Mr. Delcamp does have an ideal to encourage interaction between guitarists worldwide, as well as to share out the task of producing mp3 interpretations of the Delcamp scores. Another consideration is that there are 6 different language forums, each on a separate and self-contained database. If you duplicated all the mp3 and video files on all 6 of them, it would need much more storage space. (In fact one of the forum rules is that an identical mp3 should not be posted in two places because of the waste of server space). Of course, by visiting here, you get not only the level 1 and 4 mp3s, but also extra scores and mp3s submitted by individual French members which are not part of the Delcamp score collection. There is a lot to explore! :)

Geoff

Mr Geoff,

Thanks for the message...i got access to those mp3's and it is only then that i understand what you've replied to me...i thought that those mp3 were http links...but they are file posted...thus posting them several times would only eat up storage space..... :o ...

Again thanks...

Animna

animna

Message par animna » jeu. 30 octobre 2008, 07:17

animna[/quote]

There's a good idea here... actually, I will propose Mr Delcamp to replicate content or shadow content across forums. Knowing the configuration of the forum (phpbb), it's possible to replicate, the caveat being that the overall site will use more storage (database) space.[/quote]

Wchyme,

Thanks for entertaining my idea....it really shows the these forum is great.....as what i've replied to Mr Geoff -->the mp3 links were files instead of http links, posting them several time would surely eat/add up to storage capacity of the forum.........i now understand Señor Delcamp's purpose of separating those mp3's.......=)...

thanks for sharing your idea... :okok:
cheers,

animna

griggsy

Message par griggsy » ven. 21 novembre 2008, 19:02

I'm also trying to get to the MP3's!

At least I've worked out how to get this far... :ouioui:

zarrar

Message par zarrar » jeu. 27 novembre 2008, 20:16

haha, seriously very confusing but I figured it out too. Posted a message on the international fench mini forum in the english forum first but didn't get any access to MP3's so finally im here!

I think it's a great idea to force interaction between guitarists from the world over. Im going to get some much need spanish practice in the spanish forum...when I finally reach level four but I might as well join already

Looking forward to learning some french as well,

Regards

Zarrar

Revenir à « English »