Hello from North Carolina, USA

Lorette

Hello from North Carolina, USA

Message par Lorette » ven. 05 décembre 2008, 04:48

Hello Everybody :bye:

I'm happy to be here in the French forum. What a great site to be able to visit other countries! I hope to contribute as well as take from these forums.

kerato

Re: Hello from North Carolina, USA

Message par kerato » ven. 05 décembre 2008, 11:10

Hello, Salut, Hola!! Certainly you did found the right place. Just wait and see...
Salut. T'est certainement trouvé la bonne place. Attends un peu et tu verras...
Hola. Seguro que encontraste el sitio pefecto. Espera un poco y lo verás.
:discussion: :ouioui: :bye:

Lorette

Message par Lorette » ven. 05 décembre 2008, 16:46

Wow, Kerato, you speak all the languages! :merci: for welcoming me.

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » ven. 05 décembre 2008, 17:05

Hi Lorette,

And welcome aboard. Know that I’ve spent most of my summer holidays on the coast of NC, over the past 10 years. :bye:

Lorette

Message par Lorette » jeu. 11 décembre 2008, 03:47

Thank you Lance Fortune,

Hard to believe, but I have not been to the NC coast yet. I moved from Florida four years ago to live in the Smokey Mountains. Have you been to the mountains? :D

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » jeu. 11 décembre 2008, 17:03

Lorette a écrit :Have you been to the mountains? :D
Unfortunately, never been… usually, I drive straight through New-York, New-Jersey, Delaware, Virginia then… swoosh to the Outer Banks: 16 hours ride total. Last time with my 1 year old daughter… :chaud:

When I get older, I might venture inland… I met quite a few people on the beach telling me nice things about them mountains. :bye:

rguitphil

Message par rguitphil » lun. 05 janvier 2009, 17:39

Lorette a écrit :Thank you Lance Fortune,

Hard to believe, but I have not been to the NC coast yet. I moved from Florida four years ago to live in the Smokey Mountains. :D
Hi Lorette,

What part of Florida were you from? I'm originally a New Yorker, but have been in Lakeland, FL for nearly 14 years, with a brief stay in Tampa in between.

Lorette

Message par Lorette » mar. 06 janvier 2009, 10:25

What a coincidence! I, too, was a New Yorker. I moved to St. Cloud, FL in 1980 and then to the Smokey Mountains four years ago. I still have family in the Orlando and Kissimmee area.

I love this forum. I have learned so much. Everyone is so supportive and encouraging. Also, I have downloaded a vast amount of music. :contrat:

What pieces are you working on? :D

rguitphil

Message par rguitphil » mer. 07 janvier 2009, 02:34

Lorette a écrit : What pieces are you working on? :D
Right now I'm relearning the Villa-Lobos Etudes, using copies of the original manuscripts that I obtained from the Villa-Lobos Museum in Rio de Janeiro. As you may know, there are some very significant differences between the M.S. versions the the one published by Eschig. If you are not familiar with the differences, there are 2 excellent recordings of the M.S. versions, one by David Leisner, and one by Fabio Zannon.

I'm also learning the Bach lute suite, BWV 997, which, surprisingly given how long I've been playing, I had never studied before.

marcus.2

Message par marcus.2 » mer. 07 janvier 2009, 08:00

Hi Lorette, It's good to see you here. Regards, Marcus. :bye:

Jean0Jacques

Message par Jean0Jacques » jeu. 12 mars 2009, 07:55

Hi Lorette,
where are you in the smokey? I am in Asheville. :bye:

gagelakis

Message par gagelakis » dim. 05 avril 2009, 10:44