Does 'search this forum' work?

JeremyNicoll

Does 'search this forum' work?

Message par JeremyNicoll » lun. 09 février 2009, 00:02

Whenever I fill in the 'search this forum' box with a word, then click on the Search button, the system comes back saying "No suitable matches were found".

Does this mean "no matches at all" - what's the significance of "suitable"?

I started off searching for the posts I'd made - looking for 'Jeremy' - and that didn't work. Then I looked for 'lance' , and I also tried 'string', and 'scotland'.

The reason I tried this was that "View my posts" finds nothing, but when I look at my user control panel it says I've made 2 posts. The link there to 'show my posts' also finds nothing. Is this normal?

cravo_e_canela

Re: Does 'search this forum' work?

Message par cravo_e_canela » lun. 09 février 2009, 15:57

strange...
the search function on the site works, mostly, fairly well.
you can use google to search the site (advanced search, or by writing site:www.delcamp.net after your search terms). in your case even a google search yields nothing!
gremlins?

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » lun. 09 février 2009, 16:58

Weird. Make sure you log in before you make your search: perhaps the things you’re looking for are in off-limits areas for unregistered members.

jorpheus

Message par jorpheus » lun. 09 février 2009, 17:18

Hi,

I just typed "Jeremy" and found 15 matches.

jorpheus

ar_na_ud

Message par ar_na_ud » mar. 10 février 2009, 16:43

jorpheus a écrit :Hi,

I just typed "Jeremy" and found 15 matches.

jorpheus

13 Jeremy for me... :shock: :?:

JeremyNicoll

Message par JeremyNicoll » sam. 07 mars 2009, 23:38

I just tried again. I am definitely logged in. I typed "Jeremy" in the search box (on the International forum page), without the quotes around it, but as there in mixed case, and the response was a message:

No posts were found because the word jeremy is not contained in any post.

JeremyNicoll

Message par JeremyNicoll » sam. 07 mars 2009, 23:40

JeremyNicoll a écrit :I just tried again. I am definitely logged in. I typed "Jeremy" in the search box (on the International forum page), without the quotes around it, but as there in mixed case, and the response was a message:

No posts were found because the word jeremy is not contained in any post.
Whoops, I got that wrong. My experiment was on the Search field on the page you get at:

viewforum.php?f=106

ie not the "International" forum, but the English subset of the International forum.

Revenir à « English »