Other Languages and Our Credentials

Dave the Great

Other Languages and Our Credentials

Message par Dave the Great » dim. 22 mars 2009, 16:43

I am confused by the separate forums.

I joined the English, the spanish, and now the French.

Do I need to keep up the memberships in all of them?

Do I need to get to 20 posts or more in each to reach the other levels?

Can't our credentials from the main forum be passed along to the other language forums?

Thanks for your help!

LanceFortune

Re: Other Languages and Our Credentials

Message par LanceFortune » lun. 23 mars 2009, 22:19

Hi Dave,

Welcome around. To answer your questions
Do I need to keep up the memberships in all of them?
Yes
Do I need to get to 20 posts or more in each to reach the other levels?
Yes
Can't our credentials from the main forum be passed along to the other language forums?
Everything you post within the French Forum (i.e. even comments you post here, in the English Mini-Forum) counts as one (1) post. But what you post in the English Forum only counts for that forum.

Get it?

GeoffB
Modérateur

Message par GeoffB » sam. 28 mars 2009, 14:25

Hi Dave, just to clarify a bit further, you would need 20 posts or more, as Lance said, if you wanted to reach higher levels here, but in fact levels 020 and above will not get you anything extra on this forum that you cannot find on the English forum, since the Delcamp score collection is identical on all forums. What is different here is the mp3s and members scores, and they are accessible with level 002. So I believe the answer you're looking for is that you definitely need level 002 here to access what you can't find elsewhere, BUT you must also keep up an average of a post per month in order not to lose your account here. It used to be the case years ago that postcounts were transferable between forums, but they are set up differently now. Each is a separate database.

Regards,

Geoff

Tarbaby

Message par Tarbaby » mer. 01 avril 2009, 23:09

I find it funny, but understandable, that "flooding" (posting only for the purpose of keeping your post count up) is taboo on the main Forums, but totally acceptable in the mini-forums.

In fact, that's what bukena's "General Purpose Thread" is there for. :D

It's great for people like me who are uncomfortable trying to write in a foreign language!

Alan

(Now that I legally have my 2nd post, I'm going to register for the 002 Group!) :mrgreen:

Noadman

Message par Noadman » sam. 04 avril 2009, 22:42

GeoffB a écrit :Hi Dave, just to clarify a bit further, you would need 20 posts or more, as Lance said, if you wanted to reach higher levels here, but in fact levels 020 and above will not get you anything extra on this forum that you cannot find on the English forum, since the Delcamp score collection is identical on all forums. What is different here is the mp3s and members scores, and they are accessible with level 002. So I believe the answer you're looking for is that you definitely need level 002 here to access what you can't find elsewhere, ....

Regards,

Geoff
Thanks for that clarification about the 20+ levels being the same on all forums. I wasn't sure about that either.

Noadman

Revenir à « English »