Hello - NZ

gjm

Hello - NZ

Message par gjm » mar. 31 mars 2009, 20:14

Hello everyone. This is a great site. I am not one to waffle on to complete strangers, so am finding it a little difficult to offer posts of substance to keep my count up. However, get me going on a few topics and I will certainly take the long way round to make my point!! :oops:

I am a full time private guitar and drum teacher, teaching mainly children from 6-12 years of age. It is a very enjoyable way to move from day to day. I have joined the delcamp.net to help broaden my world of guitar, and pass that on to my students.

Many thanks.

gjm

Re: Hello - NZ

Message par gjm » mer. 01 avril 2009, 19:12

Hi again. Can I respond to my own thread to increase my post count to 002 so I can join that group? Hope so. This particular forum does not seem to be that busy.

Cheers. :)

Noadman

Message par Noadman » sam. 04 avril 2009, 22:26

Hi gjm,
I'm another recent newbie to this forum and since I'm trying to improve my French I don't always think to look at the english subforum, (where I might actually be able to make coherent contributions :wink: ).

Good to see you here.

Noadman

gjm

Message par gjm » sam. 04 avril 2009, 23:45

Hey Noadman. Thanks for the welcome. I had this fleeting idea that I could learn a bit of French, but if I am honest, I am having a hard enough time learning to read music, maintaining my household PC's, learning the Mac OS (cause I just switched), getting up to speed with Sibelius, relating to my teenage kids, walking my dogs, maintaining my website, staying in touch with my students and...and.... that I am not sure I could handle much more input :oops:

On another forum I belong to, a very nice anonymous person from somewhere in France offered to do any translation to english I wanted. I might have to settle for using the Translation Widget on my mac and asking for confirmation from my French connection for now.

Oh, I lived in Vancouver for 10 years, but totally regret never being able to travel east and see some more of your country. Maybe one day.

Cheers.

Tarbaby

Message par Tarbaby » dim. 05 avril 2009, 10:38

Hi gjm and Noadman!

I've been following you guys around on the English part of these forums because it looks like we joined around the same time.

Yes, it's legitimate to keep our post counts up in the English speaking parts of the foreign language forums.

gjm, I also teach guitar and drums! I've been playing drums since I was 7 and that's what I do professionally even though my degree is in guitar...

I think there are a few other drummer/guitarists on Delcamp. Someone recently posted a thread somewhere asking if there were others, but lost it.

I'd love to play duets with you! One of my guitar students also became an excellent drummer and he was the best duo partner I ever had! :D

Alan

gjm

Message par gjm » dim. 05 avril 2009, 20:39

Tarbaby a écrit :gjm, I also teach guitar and drums! I've been playing drums since I was 7 and that's what I do professionally even though my degree is in guitar...
Very nice. I have a 70-30 split of guitar and drums.
Tarbaby a écrit :I'd love to play duets with you! One of my guitar students also became an excellent drummer and he was the best duo partner I ever had!
I might cop some flack for this, but it's my personal opinion that drums should be the first instrument experience a person should have. Such a good way to develop your body clock. In my case, because I work 99% with primary aged kids, they are all developing a range of fine and gross motor skills, along with counting and listening skills. These things form such a good base for guitar players. IMO :)

Do you have any recording gear/software? Duets/trio's can be virtual :lol:

Cheers. Greg.

Revenir à « English »