Hi from Rutland Water UK

nickcooperoakham

Hi from Rutland Water UK

Message par nickcooperoakham » mer. 22 avril 2009, 22:40

Hello all,
I'm 50 years old and have tried to learn to play an Acoustic Guitar on and off for a few years. Not having the time to play very often meant it took me an awfully long time to realise that the type of playing I enjoyed the most was more suited to the Classical Guitar. I've decided to start from the very beginning and start with Noad's 'First book of the Guitar' to get the ground work sorted and then move on to his other books. That should keep me busy for a few years! I've limited myself to an hour a day initially. Is this enough time a day or would I benefit from more?

kerato

Re: Hi from Rutland Water UK

Message par kerato » jeu. 23 avril 2009, 10:31

Hellow Amigo: You have the right age (I'm 75!). One hour daily will do...if your work i serious, slow and progressive. I'm going to pay you a visit in the English site. :D :bye:

T'as le bon âge (j'en ai 75!!) Une heure est bon si ...tu travailles sérieusement, lentement et progressivement. Je vais sur le site English.

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » jeu. 23 avril 2009, 18:10

nickcooperoakham a écrit :Hello all,
I'm 50 years old and have tried to learn to play an Acoustic Guitar on and off for a few years. Not having the time to play very often meant it took me an awfully long time to realise that the type of playing I enjoyed the most was more suited to the Classical Guitar. I've decided to start from the very beginning and start with Noad's 'First book of the Guitar' to get the ground work sorted and then move on to his other books. That should keep me busy for a few years! I've limited myself to an hour a day initially. Is this enough time a day or would I benefit from more?
Welcome around nickcooperoakham… one hour a day seems allright, inasmuch as you keep it steady and regular. Being a re-beginner myself, I went back to CG about 5 years ago (pretty close to the big five-o too): I was being pretty much compulsive (2-3 hours a day was my standard pace).

Nowadays, however, with my 21 months’ old daughter, I consider myself lucky if I can manage to practice a few hours’ worth a week
:roll: :( :aide:

nickcooperoakham

Message par nickcooperoakham » jeu. 23 avril 2009, 19:31

Nowadays, however, with my 21 months’ old daughter, I consider myself lucky if I can manage to practice a few hours’ worth a week
I know exactly what you mean. In my case I have elderly parents in their 80's - one with Alzeimer's and the other with Parkinson's Disease. Quite a hand full. :( so I tend to practise in the evening. I'm loving it. I've always relied on tabs with my acoustic but this time I'm determined to learn to read music notation. Cheers Nick

nickcooperoakham

Message par nickcooperoakham » jeu. 23 avril 2009, 19:35

kerato: Thanks for the warm welcome. Your right, of course. I made the mistake of practising for hours at a time with my acoustic and found my progress seemed to drop off after an hour or so as I got tired. It's hard to put the guitar down though all the same. :D

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » jeu. 23 avril 2009, 20:53

nickcooperoakham a écrit :I know exactly what you mean. In my case I have elderly parents in their 80's - one with Alzeimer's and the other with Parkinson's Disease. Quite a hand full. :( so I tend to practise in the evening. I'm loving it. I've always relied on tabs with my acoustic but this time I'm determined to learn to read music notation. Cheers Nick
I also know what you mean… since I forgot to tell that my father also suffers from Alzheimer’s. Fortunately, my mother’s – still in good health – takes good care of him for now…

Revenir à « English »