Methods of Perfecting/Practicing a Piece

Roland Dyens dialoguait avec les membres du forum en Novembre 2010.
Règles du forum

Roland Dyens dialoguait avec les membres du forum en Novembre 2010. Les discussions auxquelles Roland a participé sont maintenant verrouillées, parce que Roland n'est pas là pour y participer.
BenMurrie

Methods of Perfecting/Practicing a Piece

Message par BenMurrie » mer. 17 novembre 2010, 12:23

Hi Roland! Thanks so much for doing this. I know you've probably been given tremendous amounts of praise, but we all mean it. Your works are both inspiring and energizing to listen to and play. :D

I was just wondering, what are your own methods of perfecting or practicing pieces? How do you truly perfect them to an incredibly high performance standard?

Thanks so much!
Ben

___
Quelles méthodes utilisez-vous pour perfectionner votre répertoire à ce haut niveau de qualité d'interprétation ?

Roland Dyens

Re: Methods of Perfecting/Practicing a Piece

Message par Roland Dyens » mer. 24 novembre 2010, 23:35

BenMurrie a écrit :Hi Roland!

Hi Ben,

Tanks a lot for your kind note, I do appreciate.

Thanks so much for doing this. I know you've probably been given tremendous amounts of praise, but we all mean it. Your works are both inspiring and energizing to listen to and play. :D

Merci.

I was just wondering, what are your own methods of perfecting or practicing pieces? How do you truly perfect them to an incredibly high performance standard?

Should I forget the decades I dedicated to guitar studying and tell you how I'd try to perfect these pieces today only ? :wink:
Ok let's try then to "forget" my many years as a student and let me tell you that, when polishing a piece (old or recent, by another composer or one of my stuffs) I definitely transform myself in a kind of ultra-demanding tough & mean guy-animal with elephant ears. And this very monster would be crazily meticulous as well.
So, more seriously (what I previously mentioned is 100% true though, in spite of the funny image) I strongly recommand you to focus like you never did on the piece you're working on, on every tiny "so called" details met all through the score, to play on an a terrifically well tuned guitar, to reach what you're really aiming to (tone, dynamics, perfection in tempo - didn't say speed ! -, fluidity, clearness, clarity, roundness, "sqeeklyness", emocional and so many additional stuffs the body of this message won't let me the opportunity nor the room to write down till the end :wink: .

Your question's tricky my friend. I never saw you and you want me to tell you, right away, how to perfect a piece "to an incredibly high performance standard".
Sometimes I wish I were a wizz, really. But I'm unfortunately not.
Nevertheless I did my very best by answering to you the way I did today, November 24th, 2010 :wink:

Be well and happy in your music.

Friendly.

Roland Dyens

Thanks so much!
Ben

___
Quelles méthodes utilisez-vous pour perfectionner votre répertoire à ce haut niveau de qualité d'interprétation ?

Revenir à « Roland Dyens sur Delcamp.fr »