Expressive interpretation

Roland Dyens dialoguait avec les membres du forum en Novembre 2010.
Règles du forum

Roland Dyens dialoguait avec les membres du forum en Novembre 2010. Les discussions auxquelles Roland a participé sont maintenant verrouillées, parce que Roland n'est pas là pour y participer.
gu7in

Expressive interpretation

Message par gu7in » sam. 20 novembre 2010, 07:01

Hi Maestro Dyens,

I'm a fan of yours.

I have seen videos of you playing some of your own music and jazz arrangements, such as "A night in Tunisia", "Berimbau", and "Fuoco". You play with great expression. Would you tell us how to interpret those pieces?

Roland Dyens

Re: Expressive interpretation

Message par Roland Dyens » lun. 22 novembre 2010, 16:57

gu7in a écrit :Hi Maestro Dyens,

Bonjour,

I'm a fan of yours.
Thanks a lot :)

I have seen videos of you playing some of your own music and jazz arrangements, such as "A night in Tunisia", "Berimbau", and "Fuoco". You play with great expression. Would you tell us how to interpret those pieces?
OMG what a question my friend ! So difficult to say (especially if you mean "how to interpret wellthem as I assume.
Well, 1st thing is to observe all the many indications that are written all through my piece. Once this will be done, you'll have then accomplished 10% of the Job :)
More seriously, the meticulous indications you'll always find at the foot of my notes might seriously help you in the process of "well interpreting" them. The rest (the remaining 90% so :) ) will then depend on you my friend. Your past, your roots, your family, your blessed people around, the way you feel music, the way you enjoy life, your ability to concentrate for a long time on any score etc..
Woaoh ! Sooooo many things are parts of the "well interpreting" process actually (and not only my music).Long way you know.
And my pieces aren't the easiest to play I know !

But be persistant my dear.

All best.

Roland Dyens

Revenir à « Roland Dyens sur Delcamp.fr »